HOTEL DUVAL GIVES TO THE COMMUNITY
During this holiday season, when the spirit of giving is strong, Hotel Duval, a style icon and the first and only boutique hotel in Tallahassee, reflects on a year of giving back to the community.
The team at Hotel Duval, collectively and individually, has been committed to supporting the people and programs in the Tallahassee area throughout this past year.
Serving as a pillar in the community, Hotel Duval has donated substantial resources to many local programs, organizations and events. Contributing to more than 35 various worthy causes, the property has created a reputation of making a difference.
With local ownership initiating and supporting the “giving back to your community” approach, the same mentality is felt through every associate on property. “Hotel Duval is more than a local business in this community. The employees and management go beyond the call of duty to provide an extraordinary service by supporting agencies that make a difference in the lives of people in Tallahassee,” said Mayor John Marks. Hotel Duval’s dedication to the community is evident through the numerous organizations, programs, and events in which the property has donated their resources.
“Hotel Duval has raised the bar on supporting local businesses. The property has been very good to us for our donor program and sponsorships,” said Russell S. Daws, executive director/CEO of the Tallahassee Museum. “They don’t just do the minimum, they review and decide what is best for our organization and how we can truly impact our cause. That business model is a real partnership for Tallahassee and that enables businesses to thrive.”
For Thanksgiving, the associates of Hotel Duval collected 1,304 pounds of food to donate to the Second Harvest of the Big Bend. The donation provided 931 meals to families in need. In that same week, the team also participated Light the Night walk benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and decorated a Christmas tree to be raffled to benefit Habitat for Humanity. In preparation for the Light the Night event, the team at Hotel Duval generously donated their own time and talents to hold fundraisers and reach their fundraising goal.
“The Hotel Duval team has always felt a sense of pride in our community,” said Marc Bauer, general manager of Hotel Duval. “Everyone is happy to get involved, volunteer and work together to make Tallahassee a better place. I am proud of our community and it’s commitment to helping charitable organizations as well as the commitment of the associates at Hotel Duval.”
“As an owner, I am proud of this business,” said Chad Kittrell, partner in Hunter & Harp Holdings. “Giving back to the community that surrounds a business is more than monetary, it requires a dedicated management team and staff. The amount of community service provided by this property would not be possible without the willingness of our associates.”
Organizations and programs supported by Hotel Duval include:
- Audubon of Florida
- Big Bend Homeless Coalition
- Big Bend Hospice
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Big Bend
- Children’s Home Society of Florida
- Children’s Miracle Network Chile’s Baseball Program
- Cure for Autism
- Dedman School of Hospitality at Florida State University
- Florida Film Commission
- Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association – Tallahassee Chapter
- Florida State University Legacy Scholarship Fund
- Florida State University Varsity Club
- Foundation of Leon County Public Schools Girl Scouts of the Florida Panhandle
- Goodwill Industries- Big Bend
- John G. Riley Center
- Junior League of Tallahassee
- Kids Across America
- Lemoyne Center for the Visual Arts
- Leon Lacrosse
- Mary Brogan Museum of Art & Science
- Meeting Professionals International – North Florida Chapter
- Seminole Boosters – Florida State University
- Southeastern Community Blood Center
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Tallahassee Animal Shelter Foundation
- Tallahassee Museum
- Tourist Development Council – Leon County Florida
- United Way of the Big Bend
- Visit Tallahassee
Hotel Duval also hosted and sponsored multiple events to benefit charitable groups in 2011. Events include:
- American Advertising Federation
- Cat Life Invitational
- Action Labor Charity for the Homeless Raffle
- Cards for a Cure benefiting the Tallahassee Memorial Cancer Center
- Cocktails for a Cause benefiting Dress for Success
- Entrepreneurship Boot Camp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Fashion Fight for Cancer benefiting the American Cancer Society
- Feeding America with the Second Harvest of the Big Bend
- Keep Tallahassee Beautiful Clean Sweep
- Light the Night for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Pedaling for Parkinson’s
- Second Harvest Food Drive
- Springtime Tallahassee supporting Springtime Charitable Foundation
- Way of Tea supporting Japan Earthquake Relief
Hotel Duval is a part of the Autograph Collection, which is an ensemble of high-personality and boldly independent hotels, each carefully selected for its distinctiveness, style and synchronicity with unique travel interests.
For more details, visit www.AutographCollectionHotels.com or visit www.hotelduval.com or call (850) 224-6000.
Find Hotel Duval on Twitter and Facebook for additional promotions.
# # #
Autumn Barnes Mayfield
The Mayfield Group
For more information about Hunter+Harp, visit hunterandharp.com.